As a Product Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for introducing new products into the marketplace; developing marketing strategies for all products, identifying potential products; conducting market research; generating new product requirements and specifications, production forecasts, and pricing strategies for your products. You will craft the messaging and positioning for products. You’ll conceive and develop innovative marketing programs that drive demand. Attention to detail, along with the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into benefits is crucial. In your role as a Product Marketing Manager, you will be the expert in products and competitive alternatives. You will develop best practices for the use and handling of all products and be an industry advocate of these methods. You will know the customers, how and why they buy, and will transfer that knowledge to the sales team.
- Product Positioning – Develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates our products in the market
- Sales enablement – communicate the value proposition of the products to the sales team and develop the sales tools that support the selling process of our products
- Product launch – plan the launch of new products and releases and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan
- Market intelligence – be the expert on our customers, how they buy and their buying criteria; be the expert on our competition.
- New Product Ideas – Recommends the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes.
- Demand generation – develop the strategy and manage the marketing programs that drive demand for our products
- Forecasting – Develop detailed, multi-year product forecasts by market; update quarterly.
- Pricing – Determines product pricing by utilizing market research data; reviewing production and sales costs; anticipating volume.
- Networking and Development – Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Teamwork – Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- 5-15 years of product management/marketing experience with at least 2 years’ experience in a field facing role
- Experience in the asphalt road construction industry as a supplier, or employee of a large paving contractor
- Bachelor’s in engineering, business or marketing
- Financial Planning and Strategy experience
- Pricing management experience
- Very strong written communication skills
- Willing to travel 35%
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues and cross-functional teams, and third parties.
Only committed and qualified individuals should apply! If this description matches you, let’s get started on your new and rewarding career. All applicants will be administered a pre-employment drug screen. Blacklidge also randomly tests employees for illegal substances.