Research Technician is responsible for preparing, testing, and analyzing road construction/preventative maintenance materials. He/She will perform laboratory experiments and assist the technical staff with technical support, product optimization, and research and development (R&D).
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conduct routine material preparation and testing of bituminous materials per written AASHTO, ASTM and/or Blacklidge procedures
- Learn and execute research test procedures
- Set up and calibrate testing equipment
- Record inspections
- Verify and analyze test data
- Produce standard detailed data reporting as needed (graphs, charts, etc.)
- Keep lab clean, neat and orderly (ready for inspection at any time)
- Understand customers’ needs and requirements
- Assist with plant implementation and support
- Accurately maintain inventory tracking and tank gauging
- High attention to detail and have a result-driven approach
- Display effective time management and planning skills
- Must be able to meet all safety requirements and applicable safety policies
- Have a professional appearance and speak in a professional manner
- Must possess computer skills (Microsoft Office, Outlook, etc.)
- Associate Degree or higher in related field preferred
- Laboratory R&D or technician experience preferred
- Must be willing to work weekend/overtime when required
- Communicate with management effectively
- Relocation to Mississippi Gulf Coast area
Only committed and qualified individuals should apply. If this description matches you, let’s get started on your new and rewarding career. All interested applicants should forward resumes to Mr. Hank Cuevas at HCuevas@BE-inc.com.
All applicants will be administered a pre-employment drug screen. Blacklidge also randomly tests employees for illegal substances.