- Work with different departments within DOT offices as well as other local agencies to better educate decision makers on the value and performance of company asphalt-related products.
- Maintain and grow constructive relationships with state and local transportation related agencies, Blacklidge partners, and the industry as a whole.
- Monitor and stay attuned to emerging industry trends while educating others both internally and externally as needed.
- Work closely with other industry experts to ensure correct and appropriate communications regarding industry issues are occurring with company employees and those we are educating.
- Participate in agency and industry meetings, including presentations promoting BEI products and applications
- Lead promotional activities of new and existing products
- Review and offer recommendations to improve agency specifications for materials and constructionProvide regular training to educate sales and other personnel on how to promote, sell, and grow the use of BEI products and applications
- Participate in the development and implementation of sales and marketing strategies
- Confident and competent public speaking skills
- Enthusiastic communicator
- Strong writing skills
- Overnight travel as needed
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Highly customer-focused
- Innovative thinker with ability to display initiative in coming up with creative solutions
- Must be able to build and maintain relationships with those in all position levels that could ultimately take part in the specification writing and/or decision making process when it comes to specifying products.
- Computer proficiency required in MS Office (i.e. PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Office)
- Bachelor’s Civil Engineering degree required from accredited university
- Professional Engineer required (PE)
- 5+ years relevant industry experience desired with emphasis in construction of asphalt pavements or related infrastructure
- Experience working with state agencies and agency specifications in asphalt materials and/or construction a plus
Only committed individuals should apply! If this description matches you, let’s get started on your new and rewarding career.
All applicants will be administered a pre-employment drug screen. Blacklidge also randomly tests employees for illegal substances