We are looking for a highly motivated Professional Civil Engineer with applicable industry experience who is excited about working with and educating transportation agency decision makers about our high performing quality asphalt products! This individual will work closely with our Texas team to grow our brand and product awareness in Texas.
- Work with different departments within DOT offices as well as other local agencies to better educate decision makers on the value and performance of company asphalt products.
- Maintain and grow constructive relationships with state and local transportation related agencies.
- Monitor and stay attuned to emerging industry trends while educating others both internally and externally as needed.
- Work closely with other industry experts to ensure correct and appropriate communications regarding industry issues are occurring with company employees and those we are educating.
- Confident and competent public speaking skills
- Enthusiastic communicator
- Strong writing skills
- Overnight travel as needed
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Highly customer-focused
- Innovative thinker with ability to display initiation in coming up with creative solutions
- Must be able to build and maintain relationships with those in all position levels that could ultimately take part in the specification writing and/or decision making process when it comes to specifying products.
- Computer proficiency required in MS Office (i.e. PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Office)
- Bachelor’s Civil Engineering degree required from accredited university
- Professional Engineer required (PE)
- 5+ years relevant industry experience desired with emphasis in construction of asphalt pavements or related infrastructure
- Experience working with state agencies in asphalt material and/or construction a plus
Please visit our website at www.blacklidgeemulsions.com for more information on our company. We are an established family-owned company with a great future in front of us!
Only committed and qualified individuals should apply! If this description matches you, let’s get started on your new and rewarding career.
All applicants will be administered a pre-employment drug screen. Blacklidge also randomly tests employees for illegal substances.