- Hot applied, polymer modified, superior bonding asphalt tack coat
- Cools in less than 20 seconds to form a non-tracking tack coat
- Heat activated when warm mix/hot mix asphalt is applied over it to achieve a monolithic bond between two pavement layers
- UltraFuse will help achieve the maximum bond for improved performance and longer life in OGFC, SMA and Ultra Thin Mix and other asphalt applications
- Also can be used as a Non-Tracking SAMI (Stress Absorbing Membrane Interlayer) to provide maximum life to hot mix, warm mix, micro/slurry seals, sealcoats, glass grid, and chip seals
ULTRAFUSE BOND COAT
UltraFuse Bond Coat is a hot applied, polymer modified, superior bonding asphalt tack coat. UltraFuse cools in less than 20 seconds to form a non-tracking surface specifically designed to achieve the highest possible performance from OGFC, SMA and Thin Mix asphalt.
UltraFuse can also be used as a Non-Tracking SAMI (Stress Absorbing Membrane Interlayer) to provide maximum life to hotmix, warm mix, micro/slurry seals, sealcoats, glass grid and chip seals.
During the summer of 2010, BEI contracted the National Center for Asphalt Technology (NCAT) to do further studies on various tack coat materials in OGFC applications. Three different tack coats were evaluated: CQS-1HP (generic Novabond® for ALDOT), NTSS-1HM, and UltraFuse (formerly called UltraBond); the same residual asphalt application rates were chosen for each tack coat material: 0.08, 0.13, and 0.18 gallons per square yard. The goal was to determine the maximum interfacial shear strength obtained with each tack coat material. The results are shown below.